Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Character Molding Through Time

These are just some of my personal expressions...
I have just finished the most difficult season of my year in the work aspect of life. Tax season is a grueling period of time that strains my time, energy and focus. There are many trials and rewards along the way which make it worthwhile. Each year adds more experience to my life and God is constantly refining my character. Like a tree adds rings for each year of growth (lnk), another year of growth has been added to me.
I feel like I have learned to be a humble servant to an audience of One. I have worked as though I am working for Christ himself. Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men" Sometimes, life is difficult and the good deeds and attitude that you keep go unnoticed. Our flesh and culture seeks acknowledgment for our accomplishments. What I am learning is that God places tasks/chores/work/opportunities in our lives for 2 reasons. The first is that God wants to use us to serve others in the needs of His kingdom that He will be glorified. It is often easy to see how He uses us to help others. As Christians we say "God is moving in this or that."
Second is that God wants to change and mold us. Nothing that you do in life goes unnoticed by God. He sees and works in every single moment. I think it is much harder to notice how much God is really moving and doing a work in our personal character. Over time as we allow God to mold us, we become exactly what He designed us to be.
I challenge all who read this to really take a time of reflection to look back over a recent period of time and allow God to show you how He is molding you into His perfectly designed creation. Your character is becoming more like that of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment