Monday, March 2, 2009

Phillipians 4:4

Hey friends. I am back from an awesome weekend in Atlanta. Jen and I were able to get away for some R & R and time with her Brother and Sister-in-law.
I've decided to do something different this week with the blog, inspired by something the Holy Spirit is speaking to me from the message that I heard
(http://www.northpoint.org/messages) from Andy Stanley - Pastor of Northpoint in Atlanta. This week's scripture that I am focusing on is Phillipians 4:4-8. Each day I will break down one verse and convey what it means to me. Check it out...
Philippians 4:4 (New International Version)
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Sometimes we get far too caught up in what is going on in our lives that we can lose focus on our personal connection with the Lord. We praise God when He does things for us like, solves unwanted confrontations, blesses us in our finances, provides a parking spot, or heals a sniffle before it turns into a major cold. We love God for these things. We praise Him and rejoice in Him because He gives us the greatest peace.
Something that was uncovered to me this weekend is that God wants us to rejoice in the emotional connection that we have with Him, not because He has done or will do "things" for us. But because of His Grace and Mercy. How forgiving and loving He is to us. We must yearn for the spiritual and emotional connection that we have with God that brings us joy, just for the fact that He is God....Not because of what He can and will do for us. He has already done everything necessary by sending Jesus to save us. It's so simple. Rejoice...in...the LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment